UX Design Opening at Amazon
UX Design Opening at Amazon, Amazon’s Device and Services Design Group is a central design studio responsible for developing products and platforms from the Echo, to Alexa Communications, and Fire TV and tablet. We are looking for a design leader to help envision and execute best-in-class multi-modal, visual, and voice forward experiences with a multi-disciplinary design team, and working strategically with our business and engineering partners to bring new products to market. Also Read : Work from home internships for students
As a UX Design Manager, you will be responsible for the end to end user experience. You will define design productivity for the team and develop mechanisms to measure successful user experiences for our customers. You will be responsible for GUI and device-specific end-user experiences. Challenges will include designing patterns, templates, and new experiences.
In this role, you will lead a team of UX Designers. You will define and drive the design vision for a complex set of product portfolios, some of which will be the first of their kind. You will have a global impact for Amazon. To be successful in this role you will have designed innovative products and multi-modal systems, and you will need to understand how to implement design strategies across multiple devices and device types. To accomplish this, you will need to attract, retain, and develop the highest quality talent.
We are looking for a Design Leader who can:
· Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
· Inspire, mentor, and lead a variety of designers on the User Experience team
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
· Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes
· Create reporting mechanisms and standardization for the User Experience process
· Measure the success and effectiveness of the User Experience Design team
· Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
· Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns
· Create pattern libraries, templates, and tools for a variety of users on our platform
· Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
· Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
· Develop an informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and present them concisely
· Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
· At least 10 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
· At least 5 years of experience leading teams of designers in the creation of consumer facing experiences
· Experience shipping software on consumer products.
· Experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
· Experience presenting to and influencing senior management.
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with product management and developers for implementation of designs
· Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Experience with consumer electronics products a plus.
· Superior planning skills to stay one step ahead of the work – you can model needs against high level roadmaps to make fact-based recommendations to management about staffing levels.
· Strong relationship skills and the ability to influence people up, down and adjacent to obtain buy-in for your designs.
· An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication – and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
· Highly organized, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
Apply Now : Click Me