We have built this course for beginners who have no experience with the Linux system and the command-line interface.
In this course, you’ll learn the basics of the command line interface of a Linux server: the terminal and shell (GNU Bash). This course includes an introduction to files and directories in the Linux filesystem.
What you will learn
Get Into the Shell
- Learn about the terminal user interface.
- See how you can interact with a Linux server using shell commands.
- Different kinds of shell commands that work with the terminal in different ways
- Use the Linux manual (manpages) to expand your knowledge of shell commands.
The Linux Filesystem
- Working with files and directories is a big part of using the shell.
- Learn basic commands for interacting with the filesystem.
Why Take This Course
Most servers on the Internet today run on Linux or other Unix-like systems. Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting often relies on the command line interface. This, accordingly, is foundational web knowledge, and in fact many of our intermediate and advanced courses rely on a familiarity with the command-line interface to run servers, work with version control systems and more.
Join Now : Click Me