How to Get Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering | Also Read : Opening for Customer Service Executive at Nykaa
About Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering
How to Get Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering, Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering is one of the popular courses, and students who are inclined towards the excavation and testing of metals can choose this course. Through this course, the candidates are offered theoretical and practical knowledge in terms of basic concepts of Metallurgical Engineering such as Metallic property, metal excavation technology, Metal testing process, metal protection & heat treatment, etc. Students who have passed Class 10th are eligible for admission in Metallurgical Engineering course, and the duration of the same at diploma level is three years. Colleges follow the semester system, and the course is divided into six semesters.
Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Course Highlights
The major highlights of the Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering course are given in the table below:
|Duration||3 years (6 semesters)|
|Fee Structure||INR 50K- 1 lakh|
|Exam Type||Per Semester|
|Eligibility||Must pass class 10th or 12th in Science stream from a recognised board|
|Minimum Aggregate Required||50%|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based, Entrance Exam|
|Starting Salary||INR 3 to 6 LPA|
|Job Options||Assistant Engineer, Technical Manager, Research Associate, Methoding Pattern Shop Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Lab Technician, etc.|
Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to pursue a degree in Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering must fulfil certain eligibility criteria in order to get eligible for the course.
The eligibility criteria required for admission to Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering is given below: –
- The candidates must have passed class 10th or 12th from a recognised board.
- The candidates must have studied science as the main subject in the qualifying degree.
- The candidate must have acquired a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for the reserved candidates) in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final exam or waiting for the final result can also apply for admission to Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering course.
Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Admission Process
The admission to Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering depends on the type of admission:
Admission Through State/ National Level Entrance Test
For admission through the state/ national level entrance test, the following admission process is followed:
- Qualifying students are called for the counselling process.
- The students are allotted admission to the college based on their rank and availability of seats.
- The candidates have to submit the documents and pay an admission fee to secure their seats.
Admission Through University/ Institute Level Entrance Test
For admission through the University/ Institute level entrance test, the following admission process is followed:
- The candidates will have to appear for the entrance exam.
- The candidates who qualify the test will be called to the university for admission.
- The candidates will submit the documents and pay the admission fee to complete the admission.
For direct admission, the following admission process is followed:
- The candidates will have to visit the admission office along with all the documents.
- The candidate will fill the application form and submit the documents.
- The candidate will pay the final admission fee to secure their seats.
Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Course Fee
The course fee for Metallurgical Engineering at Diploma level ranges from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1,00,000. The fee structure depends on different factors such as the popularity of the institute, demand for the course etc.
Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Syllabus
The semester wise syllabus for Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering program has been given in the table below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Mathematics||Mathematics II|
|Applied Mechanics||Physical Metallurgy|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Applied Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Basic Metallurgical Engineering|
|Metal Excavation Engineering||Metal Testing|
|Metal Joining||Iron Making|
|Fuel Furnaces||Metal and Alloys Heat Treatment|
|Powder Metallurgy||Metallurgical Analysis|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Steel Making||Technical Writing and Seminar IV|
|Corrosion and Prevention||Research Work II|
|Advanced Physical Metallurgy||Non-Ferrous Production Metallurgy|
|Open Elective||Training and internship|
Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Career Options and Job Prospects
After completing a course in Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering, the candidates can opt for various career opportunities and job prospects. The candidates who have pursued a degree in Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering can go for either a government-based or a private based Metallurgical Corporation. The various job options which the candidates can take after pursuing a degree in Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering includes
- Assistant Engineer
- Technical Manager
- Research Associate
- Method Pattern Shop Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Lab Technician.
The starting salary of a candidate for a Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering ranges in between INR 3 to 6 LPA.
Article Source : Click Me